19" Rackmount GLD mixer ("GLD R72")

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions 19" Rackmount GLD mixer ("GLD R72")

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pro.art pro.art 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

The QU suggestion forum seems to reinforce the need for a digital A&H mixer with highly flexible i/o (GLD) that can fit in a 19″ rack. I want to suggest that A&H add a R72 to the GLD family to fill this need. Please add your thoughts and support below to this thread.

I should add that we are very satisfied with our GLD80. Having an ultra compact GLD option with flexible i/o routing would be a huge benefit.

Profile photo of lithiumfun
    lithiumfun
    Participant

I have a venue I would put something like this in. It’s a banquet hall with no real analog inputs of its own (all the wired/wireless inputs are routed to a Dante network through one means or another) so an option card would be a must. Though our current method of leaving the GLD-80 on in one of the other rooms and controlling the mix to that room with the OneMix app seems to be working all right for now, it would be nice to have a small physical desk.

Profile photo of pro.art
    pro.art
    Participant

A 19″ GLD is also exactly what we are hoping to see in the near future!
    The 112 is fine but for all the smaller jobs (conference, gala, theatre) its footprint is just too big.
    This 19″ GLD or call it GLD72 would be a perfect replacement for our LS9s-16.
    We do have the Qu16 in stock for even smaller jobs, but the Qu simply does not offer the same flexibility, clarity and workflow.
    This is not meant to be understood as criticism since in my opinion the Qu offers a tremendous feature set at its pricepoint (although we would really appreciate to see a De-esser feature for the Qu range as soon as possible!).
    This should only point out clearly that there is definitely space bettween the Qu16/24 and the GLD80 – for a 19″ GLD 😉
    So please, Allen & Heath, go for it – we would definitely buy some of these!

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

How about the real thing? I’m selling an R72/idr32 system, I’m ready to accept an offer. I don’t take lowball offers personally, you won’t insult me! US sale only…

R72/idr32 for sale

Cheers,

Tim Tyler

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

Thanks for the offer, Detonator. Hope you can find a buyer.

Another suggestion would be a 1u or 2u rack GLD. The rack unit would have all of the dsp, plus connections for Dsnake, ethernet, and an option card slot. It wouldn’t hurt to have a couple local RCA inputs as well. The rest of the i/o would be handled by the ar/ab stage boxes.

This system would require a complete redesign of the iPad app so that full system control was possible through the app.

If at the right price point, this could be a great alternative to the other surface-less systems available on the market.

Profile photo of pro.art
    pro.art
    Participant

Hi there, still very happy with our GLD112 and our two Qu16. Are there any news about a 19″ version of the GLD? This would be a great help on some of the smaller jobs…
    MAny greets and a merry Christmas!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.