16T Compressor Limiter

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions 16T Compressor Limiter

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie WaihekeSoundie 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Hi there,
    Has anyone done a direct comparison of the 16T Compressor Limiter plug in vs the standard compressor on the SQ or have any experience to share? Seems nice from the samples of compressed vs dry on the site but there is no reference to the included compressor.

Do these plug ins have presets ?
    Thanks

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

The A-H std. comp is transparent and performs very well as described. I bought the deep comp plug-in package because I like the “color” and functional control they offer and to be perfectly truthful after 15 years of go to with LA2A & 1176 I wasn’t ready to walk away from these ancillary processing tools that I have become very dependent upon.
    Hugh

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi Andy,

no, the 16T does not come with presets, but to be honest, there is not need for it. The 16T has only three buttons: Threshold, Ratio and Output Gain.
    To compare it with the default comp is not very easy, because there are some interessting, none linear things going on in the time domain. The more you push the signal into compression, the faster the attack and slower the release becomes.

But yes, it sounds very good. I like it. Be aware of the change of the time constants and you can apply the 16T on all sorts of signals.

Cheers,
    André

WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Cheers guys.. great to have input from experienced folks
    Appreciated

Andy

WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Andre
    I bought the 16T — I like it on live acoustic guitar.
    When you say “be aware of the change of time constants..” what does this mean in practice?
    Thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.