1 surface 2 rack via dante for split

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions 1 surface 2 rack via dante for split

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stix Stix 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mainlinenick
    mainlinenick
    Participant

Is the following possible?

IDR48 + IDR16 both with Dante in port B. Is it possible to link the two IDRs to increase outputs, I don’t need the extra inputs from the IDR16.

Situation. I want to use a T80 as monitor desk in a venue which has an analogue A&H FOH desk (not sure what model). IDR48 would see all inputs from stage and do all monitor processing using 6 outputs. The remaining 26 outputs, 18 on IDR48 and the 8 on the IDR16 would be used to send direct outs to the analogue desk. As I don’t need to control the IDR16 inputs just see the outputs I think this should be possible. Can anyone confirm.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

It is possible. You’ll need iLive Editor to set up the iDR-16 (or use the T80 temporarily) so that its clock is set to Sync from Port B, and Port B inputs are patched to XLR outputs. Patch and set clock in Dante Controller accordingly.

Another option is to fit an ACE card in the iDR-48 and hook up the iDR-16 as a slave in Dual Rack mode, in this gain you get full control over the slave inputs and outputs from the T80.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

You could also use the T80 surface outputs so may not even need the IDR16? 4 x TRS, 2 x RCA, + Stereo SPDIF outs on the T80. Easier on the T112 however with 16 outs. Just a thought.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.