1 QU, 2 computers

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions 1 QU, 2 computers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MattFog
    MattFog
    Participant

Does any one know if it’s possible to send audio to a single QU mixer from 2 computers connected at a USB hub? Love the way I can send channels from my DAW to specific channels on the mixer via USB, but would like to expand that to sharing the mixer between 2 computers.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

No – USB hubs don’t work that way round.

What is the use case? there might be a better solution.

Profile photo of MattFog
    MattFog
    Participant

Thanks [XAPBob] – Live band situation. Currently running 3 stereo channels of audio from a Windows 7 laptop running Cubase into 6 mono channels (as 3 stereo) of a QU-24 via a USB port of the laptop into the USB port of the QU (that’s my keyboard setup). Would like to expand that to include a 2nd Windows laptop or Windows PC box for 2 more stereo channels from a Protools DAW (another musicans setup). I thought if both DAWS ran with the QU driver they may be able to share the resource of the QU together. Currently 2nd musican outputs from his Protools DAW via a Focusrite box into 4 analog pre-amps on the QU. Would like to do away with this digital/analog/digital step.
    It may be possible to go from the 2nd computer (out of Protools) into my laptop (into and then out of Cubase) and then I’d be sending all ten channels of audio to the QU. Maybe between the two computers via USB? Maybe via a network cable (or wireless?) One thought – I have as much buffer as I can put up with on my Cubase DAW, would the 2nd musican (also using a MIDI controler keyboard) be copping two lots of latency if his signal was somehow routed from his Protools DAW through my Cubase DAW (that’s if it’s achievable at all anyway).

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I’d stick with the analogue loop personally…
    I use the analogue loop for a single stereo keyboard – just makes life easier to be consistent…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.