1 Fx to 3 seperate Vox Mix on QU-SB

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions 1 Fx to 3 seperate Vox Mix on QU-SB

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Roy Roy 5 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hoody
    Hoody
    Participant

Hi All,
    I am going to be doing PA for a band with 3 Vox, the band also use a lot of fx on Vox/Sax/drums! I can route fx to 1 mix using back panel on FX (The Vox insist they need a little) however can I make a group for the 3 vox mixes and send the fx to a group?

Maybe there is a better way?

Thanks for your patience, and do feel free to ask me to clarify anything.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

If you leave the back panel in it’s default mode, so that it “returns” to the desk through its own channel, you can send it to the monitors/groups etc in exactly the same way as you send the vocals (etc) to them. Just think of the effects return as another input channel.

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

Just as a small side note to what Mark says, if you are using groups, make sure you apply the FX to the group and not the individual channels feeding into that group. This is because for FoH and main LR mix, it’s common to add compression and if you do this at the group level along with your FX, it means your FX are not also being compressed. Compressed FX don’t sound great sometimes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.