1.8 released…

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions 1.8 released…

This topic contains 66 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gospelklaus Gospelklaus 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Russ
    Russ
    Participant

We were starting to run out of time and had to start playing so I just set their mixes manually and did the show. I’ll spend some more time with it this weekend and see what I can find. Like what I am seeing so far but I do agree with some of the other posters that the Spectrogram needs to be added to the Qu-Pad display. This would be a huge help when mixing from stage.

Profile photo of RobJ
    RobJ
    Participant

Hi,

Is there a way on the QU-Pac to control the output balance? I know it was added to the QU APP, but I can’t find a way to control it from the QU-Pac control panel. I’m sure I’m missing something simple. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of ljefe
    ljefe
    Participant

Overall how is 1.8 for everybody? Any issues? I’ve got the QU-16 and no dSnake.
    Thanks.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Only Issue (if you call it that) I’ve had is the need to reselect Mixes on musicians Qu-You apps. I suspect that is more to do with the App upgrade than the Mixer.

There is one issue I know about, but it doesn’t affect you (It involves getting dSnake outputs from Groups set in Mix mode).

Profile photo of ljefe
    ljefe
    Participant

Ok, thanks for the reply.

Profile photo of richardflash
    richardflash
    Participant

Is there atleast an eta of when the updated app for Android is coming out? Half our band uses iPhone and half uses Android for the Qu-You app. My iPhone automatically upgraded the app and I went ahead and updated the mixer firmware to get my app working again. I assumed all updates would be rolled out at the same time… We’re getting by, but it would be great to get everyone up and running again! Thanks, Ben.

Profile photo of Gospelklaus
    Gospelklaus
    Participant

Hi all,

A brief introduction, because I´m new in this forum:
    I´m supervise the QU-24 in our church since 18 month. With this experience I can confirm, that the Qu-24 is among other applications pretty good for apps in houses of worship. Commendations to the development team!

Referring to the postings of Gilly above I agree, that the restriction to have access with Qu-Pad only with the Admin-password is a step backwards. I know, that in earlier firmware releases it was possible to have full access on all functions of the console, which may include some major problem. So I partly understand the decision for release 1.8, that only the admin password has permission for Qu-Pad access.
    But now I´m forced into the unsatisfactory situation to give the admin password to all, who must have access to the remote control via Qu-Pad. In this way the advantage of the admin level to keep the control over important settings is lost.

My recommendation for the next firmware release is as follows:

• A user of the Qu-Pad have to be authorized with a password (Standard or Admin, the Basic level don’t´ require a password, if so defined in the settings)
    • Depending of the password level the access rights will be given to the iPad
    • The password depending access rights of the Qu-Pad are the same like the password depending access rights of the QU-24

Best Regards from Germany

Klaus

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.