1.8 released…

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions 1.8 released…

This topic contains 66 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gospelklaus Gospelklaus 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

But even before in 1.7x they have access to the scenes via the iPad (I think). That is, perhaps a “loophole” caused when scenes were added to the iPad, and is now being closed.

What you want, I guess, is for there to be a basic user level for the iPad app, which lock certain features down.

In the mean time, upgrade to 1.8, trust your users – I’m sure they mean no harm – but keep your scenes backed up on a USB drive.

My 2p anyway.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes – if they have iPad on 1.7 they can (I think) scrap your scenes anyway.

Can I suggest training and trust?

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

Mark it’s not that they would mean to do anything wrong but just by accident.
    Why couldn’t they have just created the two levels of access, Standard and Admin, for the Qu-pad (like they apparantly did with the GLD) as on the desk. Sure if its a matter of trusting the users then why bother with any passwords so?

Profile photo of DrDave
    DrDave
    Participant

All scenes can be cleared with the Qu-Pad app in version 1.7, so whether you update or not to 1.8, use of the Qu-Pad app leaves your configuration vulnerable to modification.

This cannot be addressed by using protected startup scenes for Standard and Basic users. Looking back through the manuals, this function apparently was not present in V1.6.

Whilst I can see the use of Audio setup features for system techs, for the general volunteer operator it would be useful to have a restricted modes of the Qu-Pad app with access control mirroring those of the Standard and Basic users.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Gilly, would you have rather waited possibly a lot longer for the more comprehensive user support you suggested?

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

Mervaka, no but this is a step backwards. Why not just scrap User levels altogether so if you trust everyone?

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

It’s not a step backwards.

In 1.7 QuPad was admin without a password.
    Now it needs the password…

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

I think it is. Either give the full desk ‘mirrored’ access passwords (Basic,Standard & Admin) or none at all, or a separate password until the above can be implemented. As is now it is either too restrictive (i.e. Standard users not having iPad access) or not protected (i.e. everyone having full access)

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

It is a step forward, the admin user is now explicit…
    More could be done, but none of us know what the internal software requirements are.

You could reasonably suggest a QuPad password, but since everything can be done – you need training and trust, as well as backups…

Profile photo of jet1968
    jet1968
    Participant

would have liked to have seen 1.8 recall custom layer settings on the iPad, maybe next time eh?

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

Well if all you need is training and trust and backups then do away with passwords altogether …

Profile photo of jimmymio
    jimmymio
    Participant

Can someone explain the value of the spectrogram vs the RTA meters? The RTA already displays the energy present in each of the 31 bands. What does the spectro bring to the party?

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Spectrogram brings 100 bands (although still more smeared than I’d have expected based on a signal generator sample) and a short history – so you can glance at it just after something you didn’t want to hear and identify it – rather than having to be looking at it at the time…

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

Nicola,
    WHY IN THE WORLD DOES THIS “STUPID” (not smart) IPAD APP STILL NOT HAVE CHANNEL COLORS?

Has anyone at A&H seen the Mackie Master Fader app?
    How can anyone mix efficiently with this app?
    I can not believe it

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

I still haven’t heard anyone from A & H explain the rationale of having to use the Admin security level password for Qu-Pad rather than either a separate unique password or even the Standard security level password. There must be some technical limitation coz there aint a logical reason. I think my hand will be forced to upgrade to V1.8 and therefore i will lose any security i previously had as Admin….😕😕

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.