1.70 – when?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions 1.70 – when?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

We have collected a lot of ideas and wishes in the last months. Some of them are very important, others not so important.

But I would like to know if there is an update in progress at all?

Profile photo of erniep-23
    erniep-23
    Participant

I think they are too busy with the SQ to worry about the flagship consoles.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

I think they are too busy with the SQ to worry about the flagship consoles.

You mean you don’t think they have more than 1 programmer or more than 1 team?

Profile photo of Ben A&H
    Ben A&H

Hi all,

We’re constantly working on new features and improvements to the existing featureset.

I don’t know if you have seen this post on our Social Media from earlier this afternoon:

So there is 1.7 on the way but I can’t give a solid release date quite yet but watch this space.

BTW we have separate development teams for SQ and dLive!

Ben

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Thanks Ben,
    but can you give more insight in the changes in the next release?
    Is there any progress on “our wishlist” as Wolfgang mentioned?

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

Thanks Ben, but as Steffen said, anything else you can share?

RTA overlay with better resolution? Routing mixes back to inputs? Better meter displays (with GR, DCA, …)?

I understand the desire to integrate the ULX but you are still a few steps short of wavetool.fi capabilities from the teaser, which have been pretty nice running on a display adjacent to the surface. Unfortunately, I run all Sennheiser for most shows.

Jay

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

Pardon the pun, but “Oh, shure”. Any plans for Sennheiser?

Profile photo of Ben A&H
    Ben A&H

Hi all,

We will be monitoring demand for different brand and product ranges re: RF integration.

The final contents of 1.70 are not confirmed as we are still in the development and test phase.

However, as mentioned in the Shure Press Release, we will have a beta version of 1.70 on the stand at Prolight + Sound so if any of you are there come and have a look – I should stress that features can be added and removed even at the beta stage so the beta firmware at PL+S will not necessarily be identical in terms of features to the final release.

I expect I will be able to give some more concrete information later in the month once PL+S is out of the way and we are all back in the office! 😉

Ben

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

ahhh common, I’m curious

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

Ben,

Can you answer a question on the Shure integration?

Specifically, is the receiver communication being handled by the MR, and is thus available to all surfaces/directors connected, or is it being handled by the individual surfaces/directors (thus, potentially, quite a few connections to the receivers)?

Thanks,

Jay

Wolfgang
    Participant

hello Ben,

thank you very much for your feedback

The integration of receivers is something I personally do not need urgently. I have a laptop running the Audio-Technica 5000 system software. This has been working for many years now, I only had to use the trick and adapt the network address of the console system to the 5000 series. 😉
    So if I need an integration into the desk, then for the very good AT receivers.

I hope to see you at Messe Frankfurt.

Profile photo of Ben A&H
    Ben A&H

@jay2imagineit-net The Surface(s) do not connect to the receiver(s). Connections to the receiver(s) are made by the MixRack and also any Director sessions. As Director connects to the receiver(s) this means you will be able to configure RF devices when offline (i.e. not connected to a MixRack)

@wolfgang See you there! 🙂

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

I for one am really hoping the RF integration is just a small part of 1.70. There are SO many other things that should be further up the priority list:

SIP
    Asymmetrical (pultec style) EQ Mode
    Return output busses to inputs
    2 insert points for output busses
    Lot more flexibility in the PAFL bus
    RTA overlay on EQ
    A proper Transient tool
    FX parameters on IP controllers

To name a few.

Wolfgang
    Participant

@ben:
    Too bad, I have no opportunity to come to Messe Frankfurt this year. I have to look after the technology for the local council.
    on the other hand, it’s not so bad, because my spoken English isn’t very good. this comes from a translation machine. 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.