Reply To: AR2412 Monitor Port Volume Output

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions AR2412 Monitor Port Volume Output Reply To: AR2412 Monitor Port Volume Output

Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
Leon BigEars A&H

Hi bob274.
not quite clear whether you needed to free up XLR output sockets, or Aux sends in the GLD. Either way you went digital.
did you assign Aux mix outs onto dSnake? or did you opt for channel direct outs or mic splits [dSnake inputs]?

I notice the P-16I has ADAT in 1-8, 9-16. you dont say how far the console is from the musos but A&H do a an MMO card with ADAT out that can be fitted to the GLD rear. You could send mic pre, channel DIs, mixes, whatever you want out via ADAT into your monitor system. If your GLD is at FOH and the AR2412 onstage I can see why you might want to use the monitor port to link into your stations. introducing an additional third party converter box has its complications! GLD monitor out can be compatible with Avion A-16 stations – not too sure about their hubs!
Any chance you could try out our ME-1 stations sometime – you would get the added benefit of channel names appearing on the stations. up to 40ch (e.g. all you mic splits or channels), custom sub-grouping per station and backlit LCD display!