Reply To: Problem Recording using QU 16 USB B with cubase 5

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Problem Recording using QU 16 USB B with cubase 5 Reply To: Problem Recording using QU 16 USB B with cubase 5

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
[XAP]Bob
Participant

Just to put this into context – when I was speccing hardware for data centre applications we had an issue with some WD drives on 3ware controllers.

They were RAID specified drives, but had a bug in the firmware that would occasionally lock up for a few clock cycles. That was enough for the controller to decide the disk had failed and drop it from the array.

Audio latency is at least as sensitive – my old recording machine (PCI ADAT cards) had, and still has I presume, a plain WinXP installation – but never touched a network – so no AV, no anything other than Audacity (ASIO compiled) and the FLAC encoder.

WD did release a fix – but that required removing the disks and booting them in a PC without a raid card AND it failed to increment the version number.
So you couldn’t tell whether a disk had been patched or not, and couldn’t reasonably path the ones in service around the world. I was not happy with that fix!