Reply To: Problem Recording using QU 16 USB B with cubase 5

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Problem Recording using QU 16 USB B with cubase 5 Reply To: Problem Recording using QU 16 USB B with cubase 5

Profile photo of Andreas
Andreas

@harry A&H: My old recording system for the Qu32 was a plain old Dell Vostro1710 (build 2008!) with a 2GHz Pentium DualCore T5870 based on Intel chipset (with ICH8 USB controller) and a nVidia GeForce 8600M GS running Win7 Home Premium.
I’ve also used a similar plain old 2008 MacMini with 1.8GHz DualCore running OSX 10.7 but in the meantime I’ve switched to a more modern MacBook pro running natively Win10 when using for recording (which also works safe when booted in OSX).

The Phantom issue sounds like a potential thermal issue for me. Maybe I never encountered a problem since I always run from dSnake (no local Phantom supply) and have a small personal paranoia fan mounted underneath the desk (keeping temperatures about 10 degrees lower). I could redo my testing with several local channels sourcing phantom mics and DI boxes with fan turned off.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.