Reply To: NEWBIE ALERT: Hooking up a Signal Processor

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions NEWBIE ALERT: Hooking up a Signal Processor Reply To: NEWBIE ALERT: Hooking up a Signal Processor

Profile photo of quebecguitare
quebecguitare
Participant

Re eq having the last word:
TBH I don’t really understand the question. I do know that if you use the eq to notch a few of the frequencies of the backing track that the guitar would normally stomp on, you can get the guitar sounding clearer in the mix without needing to boost its level as much. Also, if you were to compress both guitar and backing tracks with separate compressors, but have the threshold lower on the backing track channel, this would allow the guitar to naturally sit on top of the backing track, without needing to ride the guitar fader as much.

“needing to ride the guitar fader as much”

Yeah I forgot to mention that I will perform and do the mixing at the same time for this system. I do not have a sound engineer.

Thus you will understand my problem, I need to know if I can start an evening program without “needing to ride the guitar fader as much” if the PA2 and Mixing EQ on the ZED-10 is setup to a position, giving that I will use many backing tracks that have different levels, noise and type of mastering.

Could you give me more details on how to compress both guitar and backing tracks with seperate compressors, to “allow the guitar to naturally sit on top of the backing track” ?

Can I use VST plugins through USB for this or I have to get hardware (DBX 160, dbx 266XS ??)?

What would you suggest?
Do you flat out the EQ on the ZED-10 once you have the DBX PA2 between the PA and the FOH speakers?

Do you also manage the stage monitor in the DBX PA2 system?

Following your advice I will not buy the BBE Sonic Maximizer for Live Setup.
We’ll definetely get a diagnostic mic to start with the AutoEQ of the DBX PA2, then tweak from there, saving presets as well for each venues.

Thank you,
Best Regards