Reply To: Qu series, audio interface, home studio question!

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu series, audio interface, home studio question! Reply To: Qu series, audio interface, home studio question!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
[XAP]Bob
Participant

Dropping from 48 to 44.1 isn’t too hard any more.

One reason 48kHz is sometimes popular is that it fits an exact number of samples in a single video frame, so it makes sense to have a little extra sample rate above the audio only 44.1.

48 and 96 are equivalent, 44.1 and 88.2 are equivalent (in terms of conversion maths…) so the comparison would be 88.2 rather than 96.

But yes 48kHz is a perfectly sensible rate to record at – there will, I’m confident, be massive oversampling in the ADC itself…

I like the below quote from your linked article:

In the meantime, keep doing whatever you do and at whatever sample rate you’re doing it at! If we’ve proved anything, I hope it’s that the raw numbers just aren’t that big of a deal.

There are so many more important decisions to make: Whether that dB of EQ is hurting or helping, whether the bridge of the song comes in too early, whether we should move the mic or try another one, or whether we should have chicken or tuna for lunch.