Reply To: Using iPod/CD player, etc.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Using iPod/CD player, etc. Reply To: Using iPod/CD player, etc.

Profile photo of MikeShand

It would be the same with any other mixer where you were feeding an unbalanced stereo signal into a balanced mono input. What you need is a cable which takes the unbalanced stereo TRS to two unbalanced TS plugs, or XLRs that you can then plug into two input channels. If you have previously used a mixer which has a stereo unbalanced input then of course it would previously have worked, but they are unusual to say the least on serious mixers.

Something like this might do the trick

Or this

I’m not recommending these particular products, just showing examples of the sort of lead you need.