Reply To: Ringing Out The Room – Channel or Overall PEQ?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Ringing Out The Room – Channel or Overall PEQ? Reply To: Ringing Out The Room – Channel or Overall PEQ?

Profile photo of Andreas
Andreas

I’m irritated because of such a stage design normally (at least for my experience) pretty well isolates sound from the room back to the stage, at least for lower frequencies. Running into feedback problems with that setup (and IEMs, just to repeat that) gets even harder to understand.
The pattern of the PA is normally given by the manufacturer (same as with microphones), the spec sheet of the MSR400 states 90 degrees horizontal and 40 degrees vertically. I know Yamaha loves plastic cases and looking at the bounce picture in that paper I’m wondering, how stiff the case is and if it properly isolates sound distribution from the back (towards the stage).
Yes, MSR400+MSR800, specified with 1600 Watts total but only consuming 400 Watts from the mains. Yamaha power saving magic… 😉
Did you notice, that continuous power output isn’t even specified for that system? Anyway, I’m not familiar with that particular model, maybe I underestimate them.