Reply To: Error message but recording OK

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Error message but recording OK Reply To: Error message but recording OK

Profile photo of jhb1982
jhb1982
Participant

Andreas – thanks. Re. cluster interleaving, that makes perfect sense. Wrt errors – well, in my case my mixer is usually setup next to my drums! The same thoughts crossed my mind, but I have observed errors being reported when not playing. A read/write test of every sector does not throw any issues, so I don’t think there’s been sustained mechanical damage (i.e. it doesn’t explain what’s happening under stable conditions).

The suggestion to switch to a non-mechanical drive makes sense. I guess the only issue is memory wear, but I gather most drives/sticks achieve upwards of a million P/E cycles these days?

Thanks for the tip Bob – I wasn’t sure about using a stick as most seem to lack the raw throughput, but reading around the SanDisk does appear to do the job. Worth a punt for 35 quid! Is this the exact model? (Getting paranoid now!)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDCZ80-016G-X46-Extreme-Flash-Drive/dp/B007YXA5S8