Reply To: Qu24 QDrive – No USB drive detected

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu24 QDrive – No USB drive detected Reply To: Qu24 QDrive – No USB drive detected

Profile photo of Hanroux
Hanroux
Participant

@dhak
I followed your suggestions, formatted the 8GB SanDisk Cruzer & also had it checked for errors under Properties / Tools. No luck as yet, I will do what I can.

@Dick Rees
Since the console does not recognize the USB disk when it’s inserted, it’s not possible to format it on the console. It has to read the USB disk first before you can format it. If it does read it & it was not formatted it will read “unsupported format” or something, according to the manual. That was my first step – I did not format the drives on my PC first. I only attempted to format the 32GB SanDisk Cruzer Blade on my PC after I tried to format it on the console, since it still had some mpeg files on it. I then thought the files on the USB drive was probably causing the problem, thus formatted it on my PC. After I received your list of approved USB drives, I bought a new 8GB SanDisk Cruzer Blade. I went to the console first to format it, but still had the same issue. I then formatted on my PC, but the problem persists.

I also did a hard reset on the console to restore all it’s factory settings. Problem still persists. I also tested the console, passed some audio through it, all of this seems to be fine. I haven’t attempted to save any scenes as yet, will do so soon.

Hopefully it’s still a problem with the USB disks & not the QuDrive on the console. Will not be impressed since it’s a brand new console. Odd thing I noticed is that the LED on the QuDrive flashes very faintly when the USB disk is connected, but still says “No USB disk present”

Otherwise I will have contact A&H directly & see how they can assist. I’m situated in South Africa, not sure if the voltage here can cause issues on the console, but I very much doubt it.