Reply To: Using SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive 64 GB as Qu-Drive?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Using SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive 64 GB as Qu-Drive? Reply To: Using SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive 64 GB as Qu-Drive?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
[XAP]Bob
Participant

If we can get a low profile USB stick approved (and without testing then none ever will be) then that becomes a better choice due to profile. The Extreme is extremely long, and therefore easy to knock, potentially breaking the Qu-Drive port, or at least the stick itself, certainly fritzing the recording…

One of these ultra low profile devices would be an excellent option. I’m kind of surprised that Class 10 SD media wasn’t considered an option, an SD card clicked in could be a zero height option (or indeed a USB port on the underside of the mixer…)

The three connections on the face of the mixer are all potentially vulnerable to being knocked. I have two “right angle” extension cables to minimise the height profile of Qu-Drive and ST3, but phones are still exposed (although I didn’t actually PAFL anything last gig, I was all set up to do so over FM, but never did).

A couple of extension cables and I’m OK, but a low profile stick would be one less thing to cause issues, one fewer connection…