Reply To: So many really good and useful suggestions so far

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions So many really good and useful suggestions so far Reply To: So many really good and useful suggestions so far

Profile photo of MarkPAman
MarkPAman
Participant

So GH, are you saying fader one controls channel one (the kick) to mix 3, fader 2 could be channel 4 (bass) to mix 7/8 (Drummer’s in ears) at the same time? What if I then want to send more kick to the Drummer’s monitor on mix 7/8 – do I then have to leave the custom layer for that?

Sounds like it could get very confusing very quickly to me. Does the Soundcraft really do that? I’ve never seen it set up that way and a quick look at their manual can’t find it. But I could be missing something.

If you are on the custom layer, you just press the mix 3 button on the right to get access to the level for that from all the (relevant) channels in the custom layer. So you don’t leave the custom layer.

What some desks (including the Soundcraft one) do, is have a mode where all the mix sends of any single channel are shown (and controlled) by the faders. So, on a Qu, we may have EX1 & 2 on the first 2 faders, mix 1-4 & 5/6 – 9/10 on 3 through 9, then groups & matrix (for the larger desks) beyond this. This is a nice feature, which I’d like to see, but I’m not sure how it could be implemented well without a dedicated button and LED indication – nothing worse than finding you’re not in the mode/layer you thought you were!