Reply To: Adjusting the amount of effect per channel in monitor mix

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Adjusting the amount of effect per channel in monitor mix Reply To: Adjusting the amount of effect per channel in monitor mix

Profile photo of coffee_king
coffee_king
Participant

Rather than using a separate send/return it acts like an FX unit plugged into the insert jack on your old yamaha 😉

So you get the FX through anything fed from that channel, and an additional control on the effect – to see how wet you want the signal.
It still takes up an FX unit separately from the vocal, but doesn’t take an additional send/return (possibly only a limit on the QU-16, I’ve not got the numbers of FX/sends/returns in my head for the larger models).

The advantage is that you can run another FX as a send/return layout – if you don’t want/need another FX unit it’s not a problem, but you might want to at some point in the future – so it’s useful to file away the knowledge.

Thanks for your advice.

So, at the minute I have:-

FX Send 1/FX Return 1 – Doubler (Solely vocals on Ch 1 & 2)
FX Send 2/FX Return 2 – Reverb (For everything except acoustic guitar that I want to put reverb on)
(Using as FX Send 3) Mix 9-10/FX Return 3 – Gated Verb
(Using as FX Send 4) Mix 7-8/FX Return 4 – Reverb for acoustic guitar

3 lots of monitor mixes
Mix 1
Mix 2
Mix 3

With this configuration I’m able to independently control amount of effects FOH and amount of effect in each monitor mix

This is the “Correct” was of doing it yeah?

So how do I add what your saying?