Reply To: USB Recording to PC – Cable Length Issue

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting USB Recording to PC – Cable Length Issue Reply To: USB Recording to PC – Cable Length Issue

Profile photo of jport
jport
Participant

Haha, not going to redesign the room, audio is just one aspect of what the room does and that’s what we have the qu-16 for. Works great with the iPad. In the end, I just moved the computer closer to make it work.

FYI for anyone else I found out this; Repeaters and extenders don’t actually replicate the USB data correctly for consistent transmission for all types of devices which is why they only work some of the time, although some do it better than others. And some devices are also less sensitive than others. Repeaters and extenders are really meant for simple devices such as keyboards, clickers, printers (sometimes), but may be more sensitive when dealing with high quality streaming/recording audio. Basically, you take your chance. Sometimes it will work with the gear and application you are using, sometimes not. The qu-16 is an instance where I didn’t have much success.

I also contacted A&H support directly and they didn’t have much advice beyond this either.

There was one website I found that recommends a $325 100m USB extender that will be guaranteed to work, but that’s a little much and a little more than I need.

Thank for the tips Mervaka and Lou.