Reply To: Simple question regarding number of Outputs/Config

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Simple question regarding number of Outputs/Config Reply To: Simple question regarding number of Outputs/Config

Profile photo of dcongdon
dcongdon
Participant

Hi Bob,

Some of these were already answered by Chris. Here are my responses:

1. With a ar2412 and two ar84, you have 24 physical sockets, but ONLY 20 mix outputs.
2. Mono main output is not supported in the config window, so you will have to use an AUX out. You can feed a mono matrix with this feed for fills and foyer.
3. Recording can be routed from any output, so a dedicated matrix feed is not necessary.

If their Aviom system is truly not compatible with the gld monitor output, I would search for another option rather than eat up 16 of 20 mix outputs. Losing stereo FOH, stage fills, and/or matrix outs seems like a step backward after a fresh install. I would propose a personal-mixer system upgrade to compliment their investment in the GLD. When choosing the best replacement, I would also recommend switching the inventory to A&H ME-1s. With ME-1s, the GLD feeds channel names down stream and you have 40 audio sources to work with instead of 16.

Hope this is helpful.

Daniel