Reply To: Isolating headphones for PA work. Suggestions please

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Isolating headphones for PA work. Suggestions please Reply To: Isolating headphones for PA work. Suggestions please

Profile photo of GCumbee
GCumbee
Participant

First of all and I think others will agree. There is no way to 100% isolating yourself from sound that loud. You pickup sound from your whole head as well as your body. Low end is picked up through your whole body so judging it is nearly impossible in the same room.

I have been mixing for live television for 40yrs. I always demand to be isolated. I have gone to some extremes to be. From relocating TV remote trucks to building an actual room within a venue just to be isolated. Then we were not completely but better than exposed.

That said, there are several headphones made for studio drummers. I have recorded guys wearing them. They are much like those used by shooters for gun target shooting. Only with high quality elements. I don’t know those brands. You might search around. I do have a pair of CAD Audio drummer headphones that were just given to me by CAD. I am a dealer and they gave them to me for a large order I placed. I have not tried them.

Hope that helps some.

George