Profile photo of robi
robi
Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Rob Spence
On android, there is a huge variety of different hardware with differing screen sizes, shapes and capabilities. That makes for a very expensive development and testing situation and leads to a complicated support environment too.

So it can not be because there are many applications for android, which has invoked one person, a student, etc. and such software works on different devices with different resolutions. I do not believe that it would be for A&H too expensive or complicated to create an application using only graphics and network interface of android.
I am not a sw developer, but I believe applications do not communicate directly with the hardware device, but with the environment of Android, so differences in hardware devices can not be much of a problem.

quote:

What does support do when a user calls with a problem and the company has never seen the device?

There may be a list of certified devices on which the application will be tested with the fact that others are not guaranteed. But in my opinion does not matter as more on a device hw as on a version of android.

quote:

Also, android devices have a very short market life. Devices available last year may have already been replaced with newer, but perhaps not 100% compatable models.

Newer models have higher resolution, faster processor and more memory, I do not see a big problem.

I believe that it is just a decision, if the demand is really so great that the application for android paid to create. And I am one of those who have Android devices and do not want to buy expensive Apple just for one application.