Profile photo of Joe Hinkens
Joe Hinkens
Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Chris93

quote:

Originally posted by Joe Hinkens

Chris,
That’s a really clever solution, but I don’t want to make a fuss over the camera requirements. I’m already going to be recording everything for them via the Dante card to Studio One DAW. So how ’bout I just send them a feed from the stereo matrix?

On the video needs, I have know idea. My contact just said, “He’ll have all the cables”. [:)]
I’m clueless on the isolation you mentioned. What would be a typical scenario?

Thanks,
Joe

What I’d suggested with that routing was to give you a way to mix them into the camera matrix without getting them through FOH, the subgroup was only involved because inputs can’t be routed direct to a matrix.

The live mix might sound better (more “live”) with a bit of audience and room sound in it. If you can easily add this later that would be preferable, rather than trying to judge it on headphones during the show. [:)]

That sounds smart. That’s the way we’ll do it. I’ll be dishing off the wav files to them and let them run with the as they wish.

quote:

NT5’s are nice mics, quite wide polar pattern and fairly flat response so should be good for ambience. I haven’t used the 214’s.

I have a pair of NT5’s so I’ll bring those. I’ve never heard of the 214’s. You’ll notice I’m down for only one audience mic unless I connect the other one to the GLD surface. I’m out of inputs on the AR2412. There’s some uncertainty on the keyboard requirements to that may open up a couple more channels if he doesn’t bring his pads.

quote:

Something like this would let you isolate the camera from your GLD, but if he’s plugged into the same FOH power as you are you shouldn’t have any problems.

http://artproaudio.com/artcessories/audio_solutions/product/dti/

I just checked the isolator you suggested and there only $60 bucks so I’ll get one coming. Makes sense.

quote:

The only thing I’d change if I was massively nitpicky would be in the AR2412 destination table where there are two entries for the same thing “justin/josh wireless” and I’d say which was left and right. It’s really obvious anyway but I’d still do it. [:I] I’d put IEM Tx (1 or 2) too rather than “wireless”, if that’s what it is.

That’s funny! I thought I was the only one that picky. [:)] I’m on it. Revisions in process…

quote:

Why is there only one tom mic? Input count limit?

I asked the same thing. Turns out he’s only got one tom!

quote:

Computer audio is coming from FOH, this is what the band intend, yes?

Yes, I think they plan on running some videos on a big screen that need audio.

quote:

Either way, this looks very organised. [:D]

Thanks!

quote:

It’s just occurred to me now and may not even be a good idea, but if you did a hilarious amount of compression on the room mics they would be very low in the mix during songs (due to gain reduction) but quite present for applause and audience comments.

Very… slow… release… time…

If you try that it’s at your own risk. [:p]

Chris

Another super clever idea. I’d have never thought of that in a million years. I’m gonna give that a try just to see if I can make it work. Fun stuff.

One other question…..
As I understand it, there’s no way to get an email notification when a response is posted to a thread on this forum. So if not, how do you stay on top of threads, topics, etc?

Many thanks,
Joe

Thanks,
Joe

GLD-80 w/M-DANTE, GLD-AR2412, MacBook Pro, Studio One 2