Profile photo of Stix
Stix
Participant

Yes it works fine – and offers far more control than many other iPad mixer apps! Can you adjust compressors/ gates/ preamp settings/ output processing and graphic eqs etc on the LS9 app – or on any Yamaha mixer app for that matter? I personally don’t have an issue with the Mixpad app costing what it did – manufacturers either charge for the app development or include those costs in the console price. If its not for you – then don’t buy it and benefit from the lower cost console price. Anyone remember what it cost to have a wireless hardware based graphic Eq controller a few years ago (klark Teknik, DBX etc) before iPads came along?
As for the iLive update – I will certainly welcome any new features along the lines of many requests but don’t see that comments such as ” pull your finger out” can be in any way helpful as I am sure that A&H are working as fast as possible on getting new firmware finilalised. Past firmware updates were issued to fix bugs and add new features as they were developed – however the current iLive firmware is now very stable and so any update is almost purely for added features. I’d rather they get the new version as refined as possible before its released.

Cheers

Richard Howey
Audio Dynamite Ltd
IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control