quote:

Originally posted by e-sound

Hello

Enyone that recently have bought a new GLD,,what its sound like – compared to iLive T112 whith IDR 48 , same quality ?? same “power” in processing ?? anyone that have some comment ??[:)]

Oee

I have never used the iLive so I can’t comment on the quality comparison but so far….

I have rented out my new console for one event to another provider and used it for a couple of my own events already. I have it booked for the next six days on various shows.

The sound is great. The effects are great but I need a Ping Pong Delay to be added so I can emulate certain recording’s effects.

The compressors can be heavy or light, I find myself using the Slow Opto compressor the most. The gates can open really fast or really slow. They sound good. Very easy to set it without azny chatter.

The preamps sound really good. When I compare it to my 01V96VCM there is one really noticable difference. On the Yamaha, to get my voice sounding half way decent I use a HPF around 200-212hz. On the GLD it is at 137hz. I found that interesting.

There are still some little features that need to be fixed but I will be buying another one pretty quick here. I am overall very happy with it. The return on the investment is going to be great.

Anyone that ever uses a GLD will never even want to use an LS9 ever again.