Profile photo of mumu
mumu
Participant

as we do a lot of baby sitting (guest engineers)i “shrunk” down from advanced setups back to analogue approach –
simple layers
A / B
just master (on the far right) and channels 1 to what ever channel number the surface can.

on the layers C / D i “hide” all the other stuff (effects groups dca e.t.c)
works pretty good this way one is not confusing a ing. seeing the console for the first time. from there on i configure the surface to his needs.

interesting how engineers are not used to “the service” i offer them to customize the surface – perhaps coz there are to many engineers (babysitters) out there not giving a damn….(hey i am so cool dont you dare to ask me…) .

not to forget that i have seen hamayahs and soundtracks and slowtools consoles setup as a complete desaster specially routing – conclusion:
most pro engineers know – if they stand in front of messed up console – this is not a console problem but a companys problem, like in the analogue days one would find a non reset console – still today if i take over on a festival the f.o.h. i spend ,during change over, at least 5 to 10 minutes getting rid of to many compressors gates eq s and bloody reverbs everywhere.

much blah blah short conclusion:

i bring my idr 48 my laptop a pl6 and the standard question is:
good morning do you have a cat five from foh to stage? i give you L and R sub if you need – do you have a little sub for the drums? yep the rest is in ear thank you.

cheers
dave

allways latest firm and software
iLive-144/t-80/idr-10 /idr-48/dante/pl-6/eyepad 1/belkin router/