Profile photo of M_Pea
M_Pea
Participant

quote:

For total input count it matters little to the mixrack where these are coming from but you are limited to 64 in a one mixrack setup…..in a dual mixrack scheme you can double the inputs/dsp to 128….. you can assign any socket from any idr48 or xdr16 to any number so, your idr 48 would have some free inputs if you were to go the idr 48 and 2 xdr 16 route. Of course you do not need to have 2 racks connected to revert back a slave rack to master just press the ” Reset Network Settings” recessed switch to restore to default single MixRack operation.

RayS

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve never used the ‘Reset’ button, so I didn’t even think about it.

quote:

Originally posted by Stix

One advantage in getting an IDR64 is if you use an iPad/Mixpad app you get control of all 64 preamps. I understand this isnt so with a dual mixrack set up! (In Dual-rack mode the Mixpad app can only access the Master rack preamps). With an IDR64 you also will have better show recall integrity/reliability as all the i/o hardware is always present.

Cheers

Richard Howey

I’m not terribly concerned about the MixPad issue, but in a Dual MixRack setup, are you able to view both racks with the computer editor software? If I remember reading correctly, you cannot. Just wanted to double check.

You’re also stating that going with a single iDR64 would be more reliable than having a dual rack setup. That makes sense. My question is: has anyone had an issue with a mixrack dying on the road? I’m worried about that happening to me, and then not having an option for following shows (hence the dual mixrack idea). Is having a dual setup not worth it just to have as a ‘back up,’ as well as expanding the system?