Profile photo of Tyler Marshall
Tyler Marshall
Participant

Alright so the de-brief from the 2 Wednesday shows last week:

Show 1: Middle-years school (not many smartphones in the room) – works all good thru Soundcheck, show starts – sitting maybe 50ft. from the now-elevated router, clean line of sight. Works no prob for 20 minutes then the sequence….

1) Meters start randomly dancing around, GATE indicators flash (still have control of all mixes)
2) Meters REALLY going nuts, still have control of currently selected output, can not change to other AUX or MIX
3) Lose control, shut down, re-start app – wors fine for the rest of the show (40 minutes).

The whole time I can swap back and forth to the keynote remote, and never lose wireless connectivity so I”m leaning back towards the mixpad app that may be buggy????

Show 2: Afternoon in high-school, 550 student most with blackberrys (yes I do feel horrible for them) and iPhones.

Mixpad work great for about 26 minutes off the top, meters start dancing around. I save myself the 5 minute sequence and pick a spot in the beginning of a song without too many adjustments and opt to re-start the app – then works fine for the rest of the show.

I know I’m not providing much assistance for diagnosis but this is REALLY annoying. I”m hoping the next version of Mixpad (hopefully REAL soon) addresses some stability issues as I’m quite sure its not the wireless at this point.

Gary I will be trying your remote desktop solution next week to overcome the lack of FX adjustments from Mixpad – thanks alot for the idea!

Tyler Martin
H2 Entertainment, Winnipeg (Canada)
iDR-16
iPad2 w/mixpad
D-Link DIR-815 (on 5GHz ‘A’ only, no WEP/WPA, Mac filter ON, Multicast ON
Macbook Pro w/editor 1.83