Profile photo of Robert
Robert
Participant

Were was many posts some time ago about Waves card,there was told that waves card uses IPv6 raw protocol and its faster than Dante, i am already starting from this summer working with “Waves multirack” native,
I think (i have never calculated exactly how much latency total) its about 8ms seems to me, so i dont use it direct inserts only groups .
But the main thing that it works perfectly and stable with DANTE MacBookPro does all the bit cruncher job, also plays some loops from ‘Ableton Live’.
DANTE seems to have much more available options for connecting various devises between them, it’s more like analog is universal connector for everything so DANTE is mostly the same, also it has options for developers to integrate DANTE int to professional equipment.
Wawes of course has some privileges in plugin usage more useful for sound engineers.
I really think that they should standardize formats and release only one Ethernet based format we already have ETHERSOUND , ROCKNET, DANTE, COBRANET, SOUNDGRID, what else?

agutin.com
1x T80
2x iDR32
2 X M-MADI CARDS
2 X M DANTE CARDS
desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI
Macbook Pro,2x Macmini+DVS
T34-T80-T112-T144
evolution of SOVIET TANK