1601

#28397
Profile photo of johnse
johnse
Participant

My Configuration:
iDR-32 MixRack, Dante in Port B
iLive T80 surface (not using in these tests)
Laptop:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Core i7 M640 2.8GHz
8 GB RAM, 750GB 7200RPM hard disk
Laptop built by ADK Pro Audio
Gigabit network port

Windows 7 Tablet (ASUS ep121)
Running iLive Editor
Core i5 U470 1.33Ghz
Windows 7 x64 Home
Connected via WiFi to iDR-32 control network via Belden N600 HD (i.e. separate network from the Dante network)

Dante Virtual Sound Card settings:
Audio Format 48000 Hz, 24 bit
Dante latency 6ms
ASIO settings 2048 buffer size, 10ms ASIO latency
16 x 16 channels

No routers at all…direct connection between Laptop and Dante Primary Port
Tried 1 meter cat 6 direct between laptop and Dante Primary port. Also 150′ Belden Datatuff Cat5E cable with Neutrik Ethercon connectors. Laptop end uses the 1M cat6 as a pigtail between a Neutrik Ethercon through connector and the laptop since the laptop does NOT have Neutrik-compatible jack :)

Tried un-installing and reinstalling DVS since Dante Controller had stopped being able to get configuration information from it. After the re-install and activating the license, I got a BSOD: STOP: 0x000000B8 (0xFFFFF80002E64CC0, 0XFFFFFA800B0D98A0, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)

That may have something to do with having the WiFi adapter connected (for activating the sound card)
Trying again…
Now Dante Controller sees the status of the DVC.

*** I think I’ve gotten rid of the crackles ***
I had not previously selected the “Slave to external word clock”. Now I have Dante slaved to the iDR-32

HOWEVER, I still seem to be losing sync between the Laptop and Mixrack every few minutes.
When this occurs, the green checks on the Controller turn into yellow triangles with exclamations, but there is no corresponding entry in the Events tab.
Clicking the Reload device information button resets them to green checks, and reconnects the flows that had disconnected.

Sometimes the controller will go to the triangles WITHOUT the signal being lost.

I just had another instance of it losing connection. This time, however, clicking Reload did not recover the connection. It reset itself partially after a minute or so, but I had to shut down DVC a couple of times (and also disconnected and reconnected the network cable before I got the connection back. Some channels were connecting, but others had dropped out.

Running DPC Latency Checker V1.1.0 shows an average latency of 500us. Somtimes spiking to 700-800us, never getting as high as 1ms.

I’m going to try booting into my stripped-down boot config and try again (hopefully I can activate DVS in the other boot config on the same computer!)

iLive T80/32/Dante