Profile photo of RayS
RayS
Participant

quote:

Originally posted by CHRISN

hi

i was wondering if someone could help me connect my mix rack with a tp link router??? i tried for hours last night with no success. I’m new to all the network stuff so any help would be great. i have a big show next week that i like to demo to potential clients and want everything to be working smooth ……

idr-32
tp link router
macbook
ipad 2 ….

As suggested might just be IP address issues…..on a Mac be certain to only use and connect with either wireless or wired, not both on at the same time…….so if you are trying to connect using wired ethernet, disable airport…… for IP address ……under System preferences/network…..select “Advanced” tab then TCP/IP and set DHCP with manual address……to be compatible with iLive your address should be 192.168.1.4 and up…..a good rule of thumb is to set computers/ipads to 192.168.1.10 and up (mixrack is 192.168.1.1, surface .2 and touchscreen is .3) For the router, same principles apply, set the router’s address to 192.168.1.100 for ex…….also make sure you do not plug the router to mixrack using the internet output on the router…..just use one of the 4 ethernet ports (not sure if TP link has 4 or 6 ports).

Hope this helps

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10