Profile photo of Mr-B
Mr-B
Participant

Hi Anthony just checked the APC website (I use APC devices) they state the output waveform is a sign wave and 47-53Hz for 50Hz. I could imagine these sign waves to have a few rough edges though.
The best way to check the output is with an Oscilloscope but as the device you use (I assume) is intended for use with a computer, and I believe both the iLIve and most PC’s use Switched Mode type PSU’s I would assume them to be compatible.
I have in the past run my iLive from the APC units I have (one for the mix rack and another for the surface)with no problems whatsoever. If you are still concerned I suggest you contact the technical help guys at the factory they are very helpful and understanding, they have to be, they put up with my questions.
Final thought is,if you are still concerned there are a number of resellers on the web of refurbished UPS devices from top manufacturers. These come with new batteries and guarantee’s, however usually some of the case trim is missing. They could also be last years model if you get my drift. However this does allow you to have a very high quality product at a very reasonable price, even if you have to be a bit creative with the front panel.[:D]