Yosemite

This topic contains 53 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JHo JHo 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of comebacktomorrow
    comebacktomorrow
    Participant

So I just had a prompt about Java update 60 (Java 8 Update 60 to be specific), and as always, I tried to open iLive editor. It did nothing. That was news. So I ran across to the command line and tried running it manually and saw this lovely message.

Error: This Java instance does not support a 32-bit JVM.
    Please install the desired version.

That was new.

So a quick google search lead me to see it was to do with the -d32 argument in the script. So I removed that. It worked. Or at the very least, I’m now seeing all the connection options!

My ‘script’ file (Right click “Show Package contents”, then navigate to contents / resources ) is now as follows (I encourage you to make a backup of the file first)-

#!/bin/sh
     cd /.
     cd Applications/iLive\ Editor\ 1.94.app/Contents/Resources/Java/
    java -Dapple.awt.UIElement=true -Xms256m -Xmx600m -jar -Xdock:name=iLiveEditor -Xdock:icon=DL5000.icns iLive_Editor.jar

The forum won’t allow me to attach my script file, so you’ll need to modify it yourself! Hopefully this is some form of a resolution to this craziness.

Profile photo of jkickin2
    jkickin2
    Participant

So I have an update for the software. I ran the java 8.60 update and had no issues with it, I am currently running 10.10.5. All of the menu options are back for selecting the options of your console or controlling in the ilive editor. Ilive software is 1.94.

I attached the alias to the program, you can save it to the desktop or dock. Use as you want.

What I have works flawlessly for the functions I use.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of jkickin2
    jkickin2
    Participant

Alias is not attaching. If you navigate to the resource/ Java folder and right click on the ilive editor.jar and click make alias. You can then copy the alias to the desktop or place of choice for a launch Icon. I have mine in an audio programs folder on my dock, but that works for me.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of JHo
    JHo
    Participant

Hi at all.

I update my MBP 15″ late 13 to OS 10.11. After installing Java 8.60 the Editor won’t start. So i google and found a link from apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?locale=de_DE
    With this version of Java an OS X the editor run normal with all possibilities.

Then i test the update on my mid ’09 24″ iMac and… it run.

Cheers.

Profile photo of Davet112
    Davet112
    Participant

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?locale=de_DE
    This worked on my late 2012 mac mini just updated to el capitan,at least offline, no live system in my living room at the moment so I can’t try online.

Profile photo of dymondaudio
    dymondaudio
    Participant

Any update on el capitan working with surface/rack connected?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Good news everyone. We have just released iLive Editor V1.95 for Mac – this adds compatibility with Yosemite and El Capitan. You can find it here.

Thank you all for your patience and constant feedback, and apologies for any inconvenience this delay has caused.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Great news, will upgrade OS then!

ddff

Profile photo of JHo
    JHo
    Participant

Thank you so much. I’ve test it yesterday. It works very well. Offline and online with surface.

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.