Yosemite

This topic contains 53 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JHo JHo 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dymondaudio
    dymondaudio
    Participant

Anyone tried iLive editor with Yosemite yet?

Profile photo of Davet112
    Davet112
    Participant

I just tried it, it keeps telling me I need to install java even though I already installed java. I even tried an older version of java. So no go at this point.
    I hope this is fixed soon so I can upgrade all my macs to Yosemite.

Profile photo of Elphie
    Elphie
    Participant

Having been a Mac tech since System 7, I learned long ago not to be an early adopter of Apple OS updates. Always wait for the .2 update of any new OS as a minimum 🙂

Profile photo of Davet112
    Davet112
    Participant

Thats why I haven’t upgraded my main mac, just my mac mini hooked to my tv.

Profile photo of DrewM
    DrewM
    Participant

I upgraded a MacPro to Yosemite and tried iLive editor 1.94. Sure enough it prompted for applying Java 1.6.x but once that was installed it worked fine for me.

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

Anymore details on how you installed java? All I can find that installed for me is version 8 from oracle. And this version doesn’t seem to work with iLive editor.

edit: Your version 1.6 was the clue. https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572 This download got it working again.

Thanks

dymondaudio
    Participant

+1 the java download in the above link got editor working again for me too.

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

Any word from A&H about an upgrade for this? If I install v6 it works on Yosemite, of course other things have issues and Yosemite gives me an error that it is outdated. So still waiting to upgrade Yosemite on production machines until this is resolved.

But iLive R&D has been so sparse, I was curious if anyone has heard if Yosemite patch is coming or not.

dymondaudio
    Participant

I have the latest v8.25 installed but I also installed the version given in the link above and now the editor works fine with no other apps given an error either.

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

I would like to say, that Editor has been sluggish for me. It takes longer for my laptop to connect to the system and meters and the response to me changing things ahs a lag. I only use it for minor in-ear monitor changes and have been able to live with it, but am also anxiously awaiting an update that is truly Yosemite compatible.

Have those of you with it running in Yosemite noticed any issues?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi all,

We are still investigating issues with iLive Editor and Yosemite. We have also found the Java v1.6 workaround to cause sluggish performance of metering in iLive Editor. We are testing a beta version of iLive Editor with newer versions of Java but there seems to be one or more bugs in the Oracle Java code which we can’t fix from this side.

I will post here as I have any news on this.

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

Any updates here? is it possible to get my hands on even a beta version?

I generally do a lot of offline programming for theatre, and missed this when checking software compatibility with Yosemite… now I’m screwed a bit…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi All,
    it looks like OSX 10.10.02 solve slow metering in iLive editor.

confirm?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Dusenklang,

Can you confirm what version of Java you are running?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi Nicola,

java version “1.6.0_65”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.