Yet another GLD issue…Touch screen no workie

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Yet another GLD issue…Touch screen no workie

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of LapworthAudio LapworthAudio 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jim
    jim
    Participant

Took the GLD80 Chrome out of the trailer, fired it up, and the touch screen does not respond to anything. Everything else works, screen shows changes when made with controls, it just does not respond to touch.

I’ve powered down a couple times to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Profile photo of jim
    jim
    Participant

The good news is A&H support is quick and awesome. I tracked problem down to a ribbon cable going to the screen.

Bad news is it fell out because the clip just would not stay latched. Finally fell off. Back to A&H it goes.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

There is a method to turn on an external keyboard and mouse. I had to do it couple years to troubleshoot my screen problem which was a different issue. I can’t remember the routine. AH tech guy talked me through it on phone to find problem.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

There is a method to turn on an external keyboard and mouse

Was that a diagnostic tool only?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I don’t think so. I used it again later after that process. I just don’t remember what the routine is to activate it.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

From my contact at A&H

If you connect a keyboard and mouse, you can toggle the mouse cursor on / off using the F8 / F9 keys.

Additionally most text input fields will allow keyboard use, although this isn’t true for everything.

This sort of thing is normally useful in the event of a touch screen failure.

Profile photo of LapworthAudio
    LapworthAudio
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know the cost of a replacement screen for the GLD 80 and where to get one? Ours has a lovely crack in it

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.