xDR & MixPad

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dshriver dshriver 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

Hi, how do I control the ‘Head Amps’ of an xDR with the MixPad app?

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

you cant with mixpad app as far as I’m aware.

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

well that doesn’t help now does it….A&H!

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

Its a huge problem for me. I use my iPAD for nearly every show. The console is in the balcony and its a pain constantly running between stage and the console. The MixPad is a great app but lack of control of head-amp gain on the xDR is the biggest problem I have with it. I also want scene update/recall, PAFL, FX parameter control, and a way to save strip layout for the MixPad in a scene.

-d

Profile photo of teknik99
    teknik99
    Participant

I use a 10 inch windows tablet running a full version of editor. Same size as an iPad but about 1 million times more useful.

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Tablet is all wel but i bought the I-pad because i have other digital mixers to control.
    and i find editor a little bit cramped on a tablet.
    The biggest grieve is that we don’t get a straight answer from A&H if it ever will be possible in the (near) future.
    This question has been asked many times but always answered with silence from A&H.

Lieven

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

I don’t know what the technical reason is for this limitation to the MixPad. I suspect though that its serious enough that A&H just doesn’t want to spend the resources to add it to a system as old as the iLive. Their focus has been on the GLD then on the QU-16 and I know the iLive 2 is in development. I’d be surprised to see any more major updates to the iLive. By next year I bet we are seeing at least previews of an iLive 2.

-d

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.