Where's the De-Esser and Limiter gone ?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Where's the De-Esser and Limiter gone ?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David David 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pete.j
    pete.j
    Participant

Coming from the iLive I miss the Limiter/DeEsser section.

I know, DeEsser can be used in FX Rack, but not for many singers. Dyn8 does the job ok, but I fell it’s a bit overdose for just De-Essing.

Also I used the Limiter often on Busses. And there’s no Limiter anymore in the dLive ….

Cheers Peter

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

The Limiter was absolutely shit. If anything it is a good thing it does not exist anymore.

Dyn-8 is a better de-esser than iLive or the one in the FX Rack, so no need for anything else.

Profile photo of brandon
    brandon
    Participant

I would like to see A & H add a soft limiter and a hard L2 style limiter options to the dlive.

Profile photo of pete.j
    pete.j
    Participant

@Tor: they made a few things better in the dLive and so they could have upgraded the limiter instead of skipping it.
    It was always a life safer in monitors for drummers or keyboard players going nuts (as they always do somewhere in the set.

And read my post:” I know Dyn8 can do the job …” as De-Esser. But it does it different and for me not always better!

cheers

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the Comp can act as a limiter
    manual mode gives a technical limiter with ratio set to unlimited

but I’m shure you know that already 🙂

and the Dyn8 is a better De-esser but it is not that easy to handle,
    a more simpler De-esser would be nice

Profile photo of pete.j
    pete.j
    Participant

Steffen, you’re absolutely right.

I do it this way (Comp ratio 20 or unlimited), but in some cases I did parallel compression and limiting (just to prevent from extreme hits or events). Because I had this option on the iLive I got used to it. And seeing dLive as a successor I miss this feature, even I can live without. But in times of 7-12 InEar-Mixes (or 5-7 from FOH) it’s just the little helper, that made life so easy.

And yes – Dyn8 is good an I use it a lot (for base or grand piano f.e.), but it’s – as you said – also a beast. So I tend to keep it simple. So a De-Esser is enough for me for De-Essing 😉 And it was there – again, I got used to it, so I’m missing it

Cheers

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

for me the Dyn8 is also the better deesser.
    you can design your own deesser-function in the Dyn8 – and safe it to the library. i do so.
    but for beginners, you can copy the deesser-FX in the insert.

my opinion: I do not think that one would have to program there a new deep-processing deesser.

SteffenR
    Participant

@wolfgang
    it would be easier to handle with lesser controls
    a Dyn8 with just one band in the de-esser range and an amount parameter would speed up the workflow in most cases 😉

SteffenR
    Participant

I started dreaming… a distressor… or a FATSO

OMG

H3000, 2290, PCM70, 402, 201
    damn to much numbers

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

Just a couple of thoughts instead of having the seperate in(on) buttons why not set up the LF,LM,HM,HF titles as the enable function then it could be greyed out when not engaged. Also the Thres, Gain, Ratio for the BD4 and the Gain/Freq, Width, Thres for the Dyn EQ4 would make more sense if they were mapped direct to the rotary encoders below this would simplify the screen some what.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.