Where can one find Qu-Drive Multi-Track Audio Music Sample .wav files?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Where can one find Qu-Drive Multi-Track Audio Music Sample .wav files?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alrod Alrod 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jaykaypro
    jaykaypro
    Participant

Where can one find Qu-Drive multi-track audio sample .wav music / songs recorded by artists or Bands for Qu digital console mixing desks to practice / playback / train potential sound engineers on?

I know there is going to be copyright issues here, & I know some of you are going to say record your own stuff for playback, but this is a little difficult when you not in a band, or when you don’t have the resources or contacts to do so.

I am willing to pay for such training material, maybe artists/bands can record multitracks & make them available for purchase online, like any music paying platform?

Another suggestion, the artists or bands can lay down in the multi-track a sound clip embedded that says this is for training purposes only, that way avoiding the track being used for commercial gain or copyright infringement etc?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

There are a number of samples around. The training sets probably have something sane – else record your first gig ?

Profile photo of jaykaypro
    jaykaypro
    Participant

Thanx Bob, how did I know you were going to be the first to reply & say “record your first” 🙂

Any chance you could point us in the right direction to obtain samples / training sets?

Thanx Jay 🙂

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

There are several threads around this question (hard to find, I know), one pointing to Cambridge Music Technology.
    You may also want to read the thread Qu-Drive Sample Files? with additional hints on importing and converting other multitrack projects to the QuDrive (18 Tracks etc.).

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Thanks Andreas – I’ve been struggling with fibre today 🙂

All working now

Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

Companies like Big Fish Audio sell nice multitracks in .wav format. You can pic your genre. You get drums, guitars, bass, brass, strings, etc., depending on the sample package you purchase. They are 44k/24 bit, so you would need to convert them to 48/24bit. The nice thing about these (in addition to being really good quality), is that you are free to use them for your own productions royalty free. People use these products to create songs. Many have the intro/verse/prechorus/chorus/outro, already built for you. You just have to piece them together to suite your needs. You can even get full multitrack drums (kick, snare, hihat, toms, Overhead, Room), or you can get the drums in a stereo mix. Go to their site and listen to the demo’s. I think this would be perfect for you.

As a side note, I would love if studio’s or song owners would sell their raw studio tracks. It would be a good way for them to make additional money. They could sell them years after the initial release when record sales have died down. It would be easy for them to watermark the files so that others couldn’t use them in their production.

About 8 years ago there were “MultiTrack Masters” floating around on the internet. They were the original track-by-track studio recordings from bands like Queen, Nirvana, The Doobie Brothers, The Beatles, Stevie Wonder, and Marvin Gaye. I am not talking about the Guitar Hero Files that are floating around. These were the actual unadulterated raw sutio tracks. To me they were wonderful engineering training tools.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.