When will the Editor be available?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions When will the Editor be available?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rob Rob 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

Dear A&H

Now you have showed the dLive software at PLS, can you please please please release it (even if its just tagged as beta or alpha) to this community.

I’m dying here without it out in the field!!

I have two events this weekend that require headless mixers and without software, I’m going to have to rip out the dLives from our production racks and put back in the old iLives just so I can adjust the volume. This is a real pain!!!

Its really frustrating to have spent so much money on the dLives and not be able to use them for all our gigs (we do a huge range of stuff from concerts one week to public address the next).

I’m quite happy if it crashes or is buggy or barely works, I just really need something, anything so I can actually use these mixers for all the gigs we do.

Cheers
    Toby

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Toby,

We are working towards a May release of dLive Director, subject to test.

There are several reasons why releasing beta software is not a viable option at the moment. Director requires V1.2 firmware, which is yet to be tested. Even in offline mode, Shows saved in Director would not load on V1.11 firmware. Shows / Libraries saved in beta firmware or editor software might occasionally carry over corrupt data to release firmware, affecting stability etc. The bottom line is, in the best interest of our users, we will only release software once we are happy with the stability and performance. I’m sorry if this is cause of frustration on your side.

Profile photo of Rob
    Rob
    Participant

the dLive press release stated “Alternative mixing control is provided via MixPad and OneMix apps, Editor on/offline software, TCP/IP control for third party integration, and network-enabled IP fader and rotary remote controllers.” I (naively) expected the existing Mixpad to work but I cannot get it to connect, are we waiting for a dLive version of MixPad or will Director fill that role? (May is half over BTW)

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.