What to check for on a 2nd hand QU16?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions What to check for on a 2nd hand QU16?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of coffee_king coffee_king 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of coffee_king
    coffee_king
    Participant

I’m off to pick one up today, so does anyone have any thoughts on what to check out on it?

I’ll be taking a mic and XLR lead to check each input channel works. I’ll also make sure all the automatic faders work OK too.

Any further advise would be much appreciated.

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

Bring a couple of adapters so you can test the TRS inputs too. Also bring something to test each of the XLR and TRS outputs too.

Switch in all the processing and use as much gain as possible so that all the meters light up. The idea is to test all the LEDs (obviously not while you’re testing the physical outs.)

Press all the mute/pafl/assign/post buttons to test their operation and that they light up. Same deal with the buttons and encoders around the touch screen and SuperStrip. Check that the touch screen is responsive; opening up the peq and sweeping around making sure the bands follow your fingers is a good start. Good luck with it.

Profile photo of coffee_king
    coffee_king
    Participant

Unfortunately I was en-route yesterday as I received this response.
    Still, I checked over what I could with what I taken with me and it would seem all is fine.
    Purchased and returned home….now…onto the manual.

Cheers for the advise.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.