Waves plugins and Qu16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Waves plugins and Qu16

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 23 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ianhind ianhind 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of andrescarbonel
    andrescarbonel
    Participant

Hopefully A&H consider the users requests, and may soon QU console series, have a offline editor and insert usb point for use pluggins like other other brands do in the same range of value.

Profile photo of Paul Swytch
    Paul Swytch
    Participant

I’ve spoken to the reps and unfortunately do not think this functionality is in the future for the Qu series.
    The amazingly low latency that the Qu series provides would be compromised adding a 3rd party into the signal path.

You can always run a DAW with your favorite plugs and use the Qu for your i/o – but it won’t be native, so your latency will be a problem.

If anyone knows anything that I don’t PLEASE, post.

Profile photo of themover
    themover
    Participant

A&H
    Are there any planned updates for the QU series to run waves? Even the X32 can run waves.

Thanks!

Profile photo of Cata
    Cata
    Participant

A&H,

If the QU-16 will allow me to do inserts through the USB port, then I could use Multirack Native (from Waves.com) to run plugins. This would be the only way to run Waves ?

Thanks !

Profile photo of Cata
    Cata
    Participant

Nobody could convert at least some plugins from Waves to be able to load into the effects library for QU – series ?
    Thank you very much !

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

For waves look at the A&H website, then go buy a GLD…

For an offline editor we just have to wait and see if they add the ability to save/load scenes from the iPad (that’s pretty much all that is actually needed I think – of course ‘all that is needed’ might still be quite a bit of work)

Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

Although I still own a Qu-16, it mostly sits in it’s flight case unused based solely on the fact I can’t run MultiRack on it.

Also, HUGE FYI Allen & Heath

The X32/M32 has a proper Waves SoundGrid card being released this month, total game changer.

You can now run an X32 with a X-WSG and a SoundGrid Server and have a nearly identical system as a GLD for $2k.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

You can now run an X32 with a X-WSG and a SoundGrid Server and have a nearly identical system as a GLD for $2k.

I run sound on both an X32 (with DL32 pre’s) and GLD-112 with AR2412 and AB168. There is no comparison in the quality. A&H is heads and tails better than the X32.

Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

X32 $2000
    X-WSG $500

$2,500

GLD-80 $5000
    M-Waves V2 $1500
    Mandatory AR2412 $1200
    Optional AR84 $700

$8,400

For an almost $6,000 difference I would hope it would blow it out of the water but that isn’t the point here.

You can run Waves SoundGrid (not latency prone native) for a $2,500 entry fee.

THAT is why I’ve put all my small format consoles on the shelf and moved over into X32/M32 territory.

While on bigger shows I’m usually on a SC48, D-Show, etc.

Point being, Qu series having the lack of insert points over USB is a massive design flaw as every other small format console does this with ease (Si Expression, StudioLive, X32).

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.