Waves plugins and Qu16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Waves plugins and Qu16

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 23 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ianhind ianhind 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of yurcek
    yurcek
    Participant

Does anyone know if it is possible to use A&H q16 and Waves plugins in live sound?

Like Behringer and Presonus through usb and firewire.

https://www.waves.com/live-sound/presonus#setups
    https://www.waves.com/live-sound/behringer#setups

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

You can use Waves Multirack Native on a Mac or PC computer for send / return effects (for example Aux 1 -> USB plugin -> ST1 channel) such as reverbs and delays.

Inserting plugins on a channel is not possible I’m afraid, as the channel source is EITHER analogue (local/dSNAKE) OR USB.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of yurcek
    yurcek
    Participant

I used multirack with PreSonus …

may be a more accurate description of how to use multitrack with sends/returns?

thanks nicola

Profile photo of yurcek
    yurcek
    Participant

after 14 days i resolve the matter … work perfectly for each channel…i can use all waves and other plugins for live perform and recording…also on master channel for final image…
    thx

Profile photo of andiabwaerts
    andiabwaerts
    Participant

hi, yurcek. can you explain a bit more? thanks

Profile photo of andrescarbonel
    andrescarbonel
    Participant

Anyone please? I need run the pluggins, or i have to sold My qu 16, because a lot of my clients its using pluggins… Another vst host? Really thanks the help!

Profile photo of FantomXS
    FantomXS
    Participant

It should be possible to route the signal over CH1 into your DAW and send it through the DAW-Channel with your plugin back to CH2 (USB). But of course you have a latency.

andrescarbonel
    Participant

thanks for the replay! i try this and work perfectly, BUT i need to run pluggins like INSERTS, channel 1 (insert for example a compressor) an return to channel 1. I dont believe that my QU 16 doesnt work, when crappy equipment like Behrin6er and Pre5onus do the job.
    I DONT WANNA SOLD MY QUE 16!!!
    @yurcek, can explain us how to make work the pluggins?
    Thanxs!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Then you’ll need an external ADC into the DAW, and output to the QU16.
    The QU architecture doesn’t have externally routable inserts for the channels.

andrescarbonel
    Participant

i dont believe this, i do not understand why allen and heat doesnt resolve this. Every console out there work with waves.
    Bob thanks for the response but i dont like convert my signals 2 times.
    @yurcek you are my last chance!

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Don’t convert it twice – convert it into the DAW, then feed it via USB to the QU16.

Note I don’t work for A&H, but looking at the specs it’s simply not supported…

andrescarbonel
    Participant

Bob thanks for the response again, i understand what you explain me, but we need and extra converter and dont using the converters of the desk. I dont carry extra things. Im afraid to tell that the qu 16 doesnt work for me. Im triying to still investigate, because we need so much to run the pluggins. But if dont work i really need to buy other desk from other brand.

Profile photo of FantomXS
    FantomXS
    Participant

I can understand the wish. It would be nice to have this feature, but: Its not implemented.

If you need this function, you have to make a decision: Qu-16 & Workaround oder another mixer. The Qu-16 is a great mixer and it works very good for my in my home studio and on stage. If i had the choice to buy a new digital mixer today, it probably would be the same decision for Allen & Heath. For me it is a question of trust in Alen&Heath and bad experience with other brands.

Maybe, but i think the chance is low, A&H will make a solution for your problem.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

The only other solution is to route out over USB and back in to different channels.

I’m not sure whether this can be done simultaneously (i.e. take Channel 1 insert point out to the DAW and return it to channel 2 over the same USB connection?!?

If it can then you’re halving your channel count, so you just need a bigger QU 😉 😀

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Also – https://www.waves.com/live-sound/allen-heath#native
    That’s not a QU in the picture…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.