waves multirack and midi

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting waves multirack and midi

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jay Jay 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of fersitodelsound
    fersitodelsound
    Participant

hi everybody i need some help, i want to use the plugins from the multirack waves through the midi from the dlive s7000. I cant make it work and i dont know why.
    Thanks

Are you running A&H TCP midi driver/connected to the console? …if so, in multirack: is A&H TCP midi selected as a midi device? You’ll need those two things set up in order to get midi to transmit in betwixt the two.

Profile photo of fersitodelsound
    fersitodelsound
    Participant

If I am using A & H TCP MIDI Driver and multirack. But I can not connect midi

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

But can you connect with A&H midi driver to the console? Does it say “Connected”?

ddff

Profile photo of magneticfield
    magneticfield
    Participant

Hello,
    I spent some time trying to connect the mixer to the Mac using the midi controller to control Multirack. I understand the tunnelized through TCP / IP but I do not get any way to make the connection.
    The Waves 3 card works correctly without errors. I understand that the data that travels on the card is in layer 2, so the anyone IP it has on the Mac, works correctly.
    My question is, why can not I connect to the midi controller to control Multirack ?? What am I missing? Can anyone provide a schematic, IP configuration on how to do this?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

A couple of things to check:
    – MIDI from the dLive does not automatically go to the Waves card ports. You need to physically bridge a dLive Network port into one of the 3 SoundGrid ports on the card.
    – Although Waves can work with any IP address on the Mac, you want your Mac to connect to the dLive too for MIDI to work, so you should set your Mac to a static IP address compatible with dLive.

Profile photo of magneticfield
    magneticfield
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Nicola.
    I am trying to program a table bench for plugin control functions in Multirack.
    The current situation is a bit chaotic because I have not yet managed to create a layer that is functional and usable to do this in a show in the field of production.
    On the one hand, I have created a layer with Midi strips and I have been able to assign faders and knobs using the Multirack editor, but in no way can I assign the Mute, Mix and Pfl buttons since the “not allowed” message appears in the Multirack editor screen.

Although I’ve managed to get Multirack to change the snapshots at the same time that there are scene changes on the table, I’ve come across a big problem that happens when I’m moving some faders into the mix (audio channels) since these faders are sending midi data to Multirack by varying the values of the parameters of the focused plugin! When you see something like that, you get the panic!
    With this situation I encounter a problem of a great magnitude and makes totally unusable the possibility of controlling Multirack from a bank with Midi strips. How can I solve this situation? Have I really missed something important?

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

A piece of software that filters unneeded MIDI traffic would be a solution I guess.

ddff

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

I gave up on Multirack after about 2 weeks of playing with it and switched to using Live Professor 2.

It’s been in beta a long time, but Nikolai is still actively working on it and it addressed a lot of the shortcomings in Multirack:
    – cue lists
    – snapshots
    – midi tied directly to plugin – not active plugin!)
    – Better routing options, though side-chain was still new when I last used it 8 months ago

Nikolai is also very responsive – I found a bug, posted how to recreate, and had a patch within a couple days.

LiveProfessor

Jay

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.