Wave File restoration after power failure during USB recording – QU-16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Wave File restoration after power failure during USB recording – QU-16

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Oz Oz 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Oz
    Oz
    Participant

During yesterday’s recordingsession with the QU-16 (USB SSD) we had a complete power failure. Now all the wave files of the last recording in the Finder (Mac) are displayed (no wave properties), an import into Cubase is not possible.
    I have read in the forum, that a restoration of the incomplete wave files with Windows and Audiacity is possible.
    Is there a workaround for the Mac (possibly also with Cubase)? (I do not own Windows 😅).
    Greetings from Germany
    Micha

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

For some reason this post was detected as spam, sorry for the delay.
    Ok, back to topic:
    1. learn from it and pick a UPS next time
    2. your files should still be on the stick. I guess you do have some pal using windows, so making the files visible in full length hopefully shouldn’t be a too big issue.
    3. not sure if Cubase is able to read “raw” files, but from a quick search I found this: Fixing corrupt audio files using VLC player. Should work on mac as well.

Profile photo of Oz
    Oz
    Participant

Best thanks for the answer, the corrupt wav’s I have unfortunately cleared, but for the next time I have with the VLC an option.
    Kind regards Micha

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.