WAV playback

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting WAV playback

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of robbocurry robbocurry 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Reveal
    Reveal
    Participant

Hi.

I use a A&H QU16 for live music, but before and after the show I Leave music playing for the PC, but I would like to pass it directly from a flash drive. I have already tried converting the files to WAV and are recognized by the sound table. The problem is that they don’t give sound, and when they give it’s just “noise/roar”.

Does anyone know any software to convert correctly or know how can I convert mp3 to pass in QU16?

Thank you

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

I’d use a dedicated mp3-player of sorts if I were you but if you’re set on the usb thing your best bet would be to re-record your mp3’s by plugging your current computer into the desk and then making a stereo-recording of it. I doubt if a track that has been converted from WAV to MP3 and then back to WAV is going to give you a satisfying result though….

Anyway, Good luck !

Giga

Profile photo of AlanG
    AlanG
    Participant

There are anumber of “Gotchas” in playing WAV files on QU

a)Is the samples/sec & sample size correct – 44.1KHz or 48KHz 16 or 24 bit

b) Only a WAV element in the RIFF file

c)In the correct folder on the USB

d)Having the correct filename format.

MP3 is a lossy compression although a WAV-ed MP3 might be adequate for your “background” purpose.

Its most likely overkill but we use a Denon 400Z medi player for WAV, CD etc input.

AlanG

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Converting audio files to .wav with iTunes works flawlessly for me:)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.