Using dLive with Waves

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Using dLive with Waves

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jens-Droessler Jens-Droessler 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ludwig
    Ludwig
    Participant

Some people have ask for a softkey that “unassign” insert to the channel where waves is used. This is for an emergency in the case waves server goes down.

Thanks!

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Just program 2 scenes, assign to soft keys.

Profile photo of Ludwig
    Ludwig
    Participant

You can’t assign the “unassign” to a softkey.

And the scene just controls insert parameters not the status.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

The Insert Attributes item in the Scene Filters includes the In/Out. Create two Scenes with everything blocked apart from the Insert Attributes. One has all Inserts In, one has all Inserts Out. Assign the recall of this second Scene to your ‘panic’ SoftKey.

Profile photo of Samlow
    Samlow
    Participant

Ive talked with my dealer about this too.

The problem with the scenes is that you CAN unsafe the on/off status. But if the channel doesn’t have routing assigned it doesn’t save this state. So to have a OFF button, you’ll have to do all the assignments and then turn them all off, save that scene for the Waves OFF, and assign that to a softkey.

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Seriously – I dont see the problem, there is nothing holding you guys back from programming this.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

Personally, I’d like to be able to toggle the DEEP Processing off/on on a channel with a soft key, too. Kind of the same need/want.

Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH

Is this what you’re trying to achieve?

Apologies if I’ve misunderstood

Profile photo of Ludwig
    Ludwig
    Participant

@Jack_AH Thanks for the video. I’ll try it. Can’t remember if turning on/off the insert will get rid of waves or you have to completly unassign it.

Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH

It depends what you mean by ‘get rid of waves’

If the Soundgrid network fails and you set the insert to “Out” audio will still pass through the channel.

I assume this is what you’re trying to achieve?

Profile photo of Ludwig
    Ludwig
    Participant

@Jack_AH Yes, that is the idea. Thanks!

Profile photo of JohnDee
    JohnDee
    Participant

Great insights in the posts above. I have a related suggestion to this topic: Any plans to integrate Waves control into the dLive (as has been implemented by Digidesign and Digico)? That would remove the need for a host computer to control WSG.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Why not make this easier? Implement “insert bypass groups” to be put on softkeys. Making scenes just for that is a lot more work and if you add or remove channel inserts to your show, you need to rework the “insert in/out” scenes as well. Could be so easy…

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Also, yes, Waves integration would be great! But I know, that’s a LOT of work… still, would be sooo nice…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.