Using a Aviom A16II with dLive

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Using a Aviom A16II with dLive

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Michael Michael 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of soundguy1600
    soundguy1600
    Participant

I have HOW that wants to upgrade to a dLive S7000/DM64. They have an Aviom system that needs to be used with the dLive. Can the ME out be used for this?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi soundguy,
    The ME output on dLive is only compatible with our ME personal mixing system I’m afraid. You could use a Dante card feeding into an Aviom D400 or D800 hub. I’d also suggest they try a ME-1 so they know what they will be missing 🙂

soundguy1600
    Participant

Ok, thank you for the fast reply. They want to upgrade to the ME-1 in the future. But they have invested in 12 of the Aviom units. So they need to stay with the Aviom for another year or two.
    So they will need to add the Dante card and then add a Aviom D400 or D800 to continue to use the Aviom. Again thanks for the info.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Hi Soundguy1600,

Depending on which Aviom hardware generation they’re on, another option would be to use the Aviom AN-16i with 16 analog outs (direct outs, groups, whatever you like) from the stage rack. Note: this inserts a D/A and A/D step unnecessarily.

This is what we did with our old digital console until we migrated completely to ME-1s, since we had the AN-16i already. We had migrated to ME-1s completely (using the AN-16i as the input to the ME-U) before upgrading to the dLive. You’re coming at if from the other approach, but it should still work.

Either way you’re buying hardware for an interim use. The question will be what gets you the most long-term utility at the most appropriate price. A Dante card is a great thing to have.

-michael

soundguy1600
    Participant

Michael,
    That is a good plan “B”, we have an old AN-16i that we can use for that. Until we upgrade to the ME-1’s
    Thank you….

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

No problem! An interesting feature of the ME-1 units is that they can receive audio from an Aviom A-NET 16 source, so you could replace your Avioms with ME-1s, even prior to purchasing the ME-U hub and switching over to the Allen & Heath ME Protocol. We ended up replacing the Avioms in batches as they neared the end of their life. Then we added the ME-U for POE, and finally upgraded to the dLive which gave us the full 40 channels.

Very flexible!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.