Use qu drive for backing tracks.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Use qu drive for backing tracks.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Dave 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of neill00
    neill00
    Participant

I play in a 4 piece band, we use qu pac mixer with Bose F1 series speakers for front of house and sennheiser in ears for monitoring. I was wondering if I created some multitrack audio files to play back from the qu drive, is there routing flexibility which would allow me to route the click to a mono track and the rest to a stereo pair? Then I could mute the click for FOH and hear it only in the in ears.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

See p. 67 of the manual.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

seems like its too difficult to control the transport for the qu drive to accurately sequence backing tracks. If it were me, i would just use the audio output of an airport express and run that into one of the stereo inputs. Then you can airplay your backing tracks.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Though that will not give you click and stereo

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Very true. Sounds like this would be possible in theory, but most likely best left to software like mainstage or abelton.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

All depends on how you like to work really.

From Qu-Drive, you can easily have stereo + click (or more), as separate tracks which you can then adjust & route as required during playback. However, it will take a little effort to create these tracks and save them in the right way. You’ll also need to make up some blank tracks, as the Qu-Drive needs all 18 to be there, even if you’re only using 3. Then the transport controls are quite limited, though if you only want to hit Next & Play at the start of each song, these can be put onto soft keys.

External devices and apps can be much friendlier to use, but getting more than a single stereo out of them, if possible at all, tends to mean spending a far bit dosh on some sort of interface. I’m sure there would be a market for some sort of multitrack playback device with 3 or 4 independent outputs. Many acts opt for a mono backing track + click to overcome this, or if there’s rhythm in the backing, do without the click at all.

I’ve not played with an iPad connected to USB B with camera lead (must get around to that), but a DAW on the iPad connected this way may be a good solution here. Anybody doing this?

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Totally agree, definitly not saying this can’t be done via qu-drive. If you were using a seperate piece of software for this, the qu would be your interface and you would end up setting 2 of your channels for usb and streaming click and backing tracks to the channels via usb.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.